- +52 (33) 2015 1650
José Miguel Zozayacorrea KuriPartner
Supported several companies in credit and guarantee restructurings, either private and / or public.
Assisted various clients comply with corporate legal actions relating to multijurisdictional restructurings.
Supported various clients in the stock / asset purchase processes.
Publications, presentations and articles
- Speaker and panelist in seminars of Corporate, Foreign Investment, Private Equity and Financial Law, organized by diverse associations, including the American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM), the Mexico Business Bar Association(ANADE), the Instituto Mexicano de Ejecutivos en Finanzas (IMEF), the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, the US Mexico Bar Association, the Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (TEC), and the Universidad Panamericana.
- Co-author, “Doing Business in Mexico”, Colombo & Bonacci LLP, 1995, Author of Private Equity in Mexico, Forbes, 2013, “Corporate Resilence (2015)”, “Strengthening Companies through Ethics” for the Mexican Institute of Corporate Governance (IMMPC), “Anti-corruption in Mexico and its confrontation with the new legal environment?” for Players of Life, among others.
- Author for diverse legal articles for different publications like Cadelec, Canieti, American Chamber of Commerce of Mexico, Forbes, Mundo Ejecutivo, la Revista del Abogado, Nearshore Americas as well as legal articles for the most important newspapers.
- Author of “Investments in Technology Companies in Mexico, Risk or Opportunity?”, "Potential Outcomes for Mexico - USA if (in the case) NAFTA is dissolved" and “Trump's Intentions with the Renogiation of Nafta” and “The bilateral trade between Mexico and the US in the Trump's Administration” for Nearshore Americas.
- For five consecutive years was the only Partner of the Corporate Practice Group of Baker & McKenzie Mexico listed in Partners & Chambers and Legal 500.
- Spanish (native).
- English (fluent).
- American Chamber of Commerce of Mexico, A.C. - Guadalajara Chapter- Former Chair
- U.S.-Mexico Bar Association - Former Chair
- Vice Chair of the Certification Committee of the Mexican Institute of Corporate Governance (IMMPC)
- Asociacion Nacional de Abogados de Empresa en Jalisco (ANADE - Jalisco) - Former Vice Chair
- Guest Counselor of Grupo Editorial Reforma (Business) in Jalisco
- U.S.-Mexico Bar Association - Member of the Advisory Council
- Member of the External Advisory Council of Tecnologico de Monterrey Campus Guadalajara, Business, Governemnt and Law
- Consejo Mexicano de Comercio Exterior (COMCE) – Former Member of the Board
- Confederacion Patronal de la Republica Mexicana (COPARMEX Jalisco) – Former Member of the Board
- Consejo Consultivo de TV Azteca Occidente – Former Member
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce (Guadalajara) – Former Member
- Member of the Board of AMCHAM Mexico - Guadalajara Chapter
- Member of the Major Companies Committee COPARMEX Jalisco
- Member of the International Bar Association (New York)
- Mexican Bar Association – Member
- Empresarios y Dirigentes - Member
- Member of the National Executive Committee of the Mexican Institute of Corporate Governance (IMMPC) and Member of the Board
- Member of the Research and Development Center of the Mexican Institute of Corporate Governance (IMMPC)
- Legal Counsel and member of the Legal Ecosystem Commission of the Jalisco Agricultural Council (Consejo Agropecuario de Jalisco).
Education and admission
- Universidad Panamericana (Law Doctorate studies) (2013-2014)
- Universidad Abat Oliba. Barcelona, Spain (LLM in Comparative Law with the European Union) (2012)
- Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University (Post Graduate Management) (2007)
- IPADE Business School (Post Graduate in Business) (2006)
- Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara (Post Graduate Mediation and Arbitration) (1998)
- Universidad Panamericana (Post Graduate Finance Law and International Trade) (1993)
- Universidad Panamericana (Post Graduate Economics and Corporate Law) (1993)
- Universidad Panamericana (Law Degree) (1992)